View Single Post
Old 06-23-2004, 05:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I saw what I think was the last night. Was Los Angeles the last night?

I'll tell you what I'd like. Here's what I'd like. I'd like to get a laserdisc-to-DVD transfer of that video because the VHS contained Got a Hold on Me & Love Will Show Us How short-form videos, while the laserdisc contained the live performances of those two songs.
I have the original video album as well as the laserdisc copied to videotape. I believe it's the entire laserdisc footage. There is a documentary of the making of her album & a shortened version of the show that she recorded at the Reseda Country Club. "Got A Hold On Me" & "Love Will Show Us How" are not on there, either the short-form videos or the live versions. I do have a CDR of the Reseda show & it does have the live versions of those 2 songs plus "Say You Love Me" & "Over My Head" as well as the rest of the songs that are on the video album. Maybe I don't have the complete footage from the laserdisc afterall.

The Reseda show was not a part of her tour. It was a promo for her album & was broadcast later on MTV. She was trying to promote her new album. That's why most of the songs from her new album were on the video plus a few of her Fleetwood Mac hits. She did vary the set list for her later tour. She even did a few songs from the Bob Welch/Fleetwood Mac years. I agree about "Hold Me". That song was better on her solo tour than on the Mirage tour. I would have preferred to see "Hold Me" on the video instead of "World Turning". I liked her show from her tour better than the video. But, I still don't find the video boring. I'm biased, but I don't find anything boring about Christine McVie.

Last edited by macfan 57; 06-23-2004 at 06:24 AM..