Thread: Next Year
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 04:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
It’s not childish at all. It’s a business, as so many have said. Mick chose Stevie over Lindsey because of business sense. This is what the narrative has been around here for a year plus. Lindsey clearly felt that the decision violated a contractual agreement that the band made to tour, including him. They settled to make it go away which indicates that they either felt he was right or that they didn’t have enough legally to disprove his assertions.

My God, the hypocrisy by so many around here (Lindsey is on the same level as Mick and Stevie....but Mick and Stevie just did what they did for the sake of the band) never ceases to amaze me.
Don't verbal me. Don't misrepresent my position. No, they did not do it for the sake of the band. But no, they did not do it for the sake of the money, either. They would have made even more money if they stuck with Lindsey, don't you think?

Look at the setlist this time around. Blues band hits and rarities. Cover songs. Isn't it Midnight. Lindsey purportedly did not want to do blues songs. And a lot of fans including myself wanted to hear him sing the blues songs of Fleetwood Mac's founder.

The band changed to change the setlist and to stay relevant. Ok, no new music, and that for one is a monetary decision.