View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ahead of the Friday 4/24/2020 IG live Q&A with The Killers' Brandon and Ronnie, a LB/FM fan asked this question via twitter:

Q&A starts at about 6-minute mark in this video, and LB question was the first one they selected to answer of all the questions they received on twitter over the last week

basically, it sounds like they've been discussing with LB how to make this happen, and that both The Killers and LB want it (Ronnie says "we'll bribe him!" ). they seemed to have been discussing the option like when they have parallel tours, if / when they happen to be in the same town, they'd ask LB to join them on stage and do several songs together - Caution, of course, but then also some Lindsey solo and some FM songs.

if you watch the Q&A through the end, they say that Johnny Marr joined them on stage at Glastonbury back when The Killers were headliner in 2018, and that he will be touring with them this year on US dates, if the tour happens. sounded like Johnny Marr would be a "special guest" / opening for The Killers, and then join them on stage for some songs. while i love better to see LB in small venues instead of the arena tour The Killers are doing, since i go see both LB solo and The Killers tours live, LB opening for them, or just showing up on stage for several songs would all be a fantastic option in my book! and if he would be their "special guest" on some world tour dates, that would finally bring him to LB solo fans on all sides of the world!

plus, thanks to this collaboration, with his Caution participation LB now has a #1 hit on alternative radio!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"