View Single Post
Old 03-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I wish I could remember whether anyone onstage mentioned that some of the songs they did -- like "Blow by Blow" -- were going to be on a new album. But, alas, I can't. The prime rib was pretty good that night, however!
They did both times I saw them, and on some of the boots I have of those tours.

I don't disagree with a lot of what you say. But, I think there's a lot of middle ground between what you're talking about and what they actually did. I think those '75-'76 sets were among the best in the band's history. And, it's not like they didn't perform ANY of the old songs. They were still there. They had a nice mix of old an new, which is what they should have been doing 19 years later!

Look at the "Heroes" boots that are floating around. There's usually only two songs from "Heroes," but the band does "Manalishi," "Oh Well," "Black Magic Woman," and "Rattlesnake." I find it odd that the "Heroes" tour doesn't get the same type of criticism that the "Time" tours get, especially considering that they were touring in support of an album.

I think the band had to do "Oh Well" (which I believe almost every incarnation of Fleetwood Mac has done at one point), "Go Your Own Way," "Don't Stop," and, since Mason was in the band "We Just Disagree." But, after those four songs, the set should have been new and/or original material with maybe a few other "classics" for good measure. Here's what I think a good set would have been:

In The Back Of My Mind
Winds Of Change
Oh Well
We Just Disagree
Talkin' To My Heart
Blow By Blow
Shakin' The Cage (Revamped and with drum vest)
Only You Know And I Know
Go Your Own Way
--
Tear It Up
Don't Stop
--
Dreamin' The Dream

THE Stephen Hopkins