View Single Post
Old 08-20-2003, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by John Run
I don't want to get into the debate about the fan club..I just want to make a point about the Grand Forks show. The arena sits 20,000 people. There were probably about 12,000 tickets sold as of a week ago. Please, understand Grand Forks has about 50,000 people in the entire city. All of North Dakota has 600,000 people in it. You just are not going to sell 20,000 tickets in a market that small. In 1997 Fleetwood Mac drew a crowd of 10,000 for a show in Fargo. While I agree $125 is steep for concerts, I think the tickets sales for the other 82 dates on this tour have shown that people are willing to pay the price.
John, your point is well taken. However let's not forget some of the shows were buy one and get one free or had a reduced ticket price after they originally didn't sell well. Grand Forks is just one case. There have been plenty of posts that I have read, many of them on this board from fans who will not be seeing Fleetwood Mac on this tour because it's too expensive. As far as paying $125, what choice did we have? I would also like to point out that the European dates are far less expensive that the U.S. dates. It's extremely expensive to travel with a band and road crew to Europe. So why are the tickets less expensive?