View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 02:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird View Post
I can definitely understand WB wanting a Mac album, in theory, because dinosaurs though FM may (or may not, but let's say they are) be, dinosaurs have lots of accumulated fans. Another Rumours will never happen but that's always been an unrealistic expectation. It'd probably do well enough upon initial release, so while I doubt WB is pining over it I can certainly understand them preferring one over not.

I don't read much into who is playing what games with whom ... the point is that everyone wants different things and has different conditions. I dunno, I don't think the press/world at large cares enough to be a useful tool for either Stevie or Lindsey. Except as a tool for venting.

(And this is by the by but personally I've always wondered what a Stevie and Chris album would be like since we've seen the other songwriter combinations before. Please don't take this as a "I secretly want Lindsey outta there" message because it so isn't and I don't have the time to deal.)
NO ONE is wanting a new album, IMO, because albums(unless the artist is CURRENTLY huge, and not a catalog act) no longer sell. Hell, look at SYW. Most of the new artists I follow, are now relegated to just releasing singles now. It's all about just being cost effective... Yeah, the music scene sucks now.