View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyqm
I mean, I'm just taking a very realistic and somewhat cynical approach. If Fleetwood Mac existed in a vacuum, and you said, "Hey, wanna go to this Fleetwood Mac concert? Peter Green is going to be playing along with Lindsey, Stevie, John and Mick, and there's only enough tickets for the hardcore fans," I'd be there in a second.

Unfortunately, that ain't gonna happen. The two realities that really turn me off to the idea are 1) the audience (I mean, if half the venue takes a piss break when Lindsey plays "Come," can you imagine what would happen if Pete shuffled on stage and the band went into "Albatross"?) and 2) the fact that Fleetwood Mac on tour is not just Fleetwood Mac (apologies to Brett and Taku and the rest, but I just don't see them meshing very well with Mr. Green).
Ok, I HAVE to share this with you. On SYW, Albatross would play at the end of every show, and one night this guy came up to me and said WTF is that they're playing? It sounds like elevator music. I wanted to give this turkey a piece of my mind I tell ya....