View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
I'm very facinated by the thought of Peter Green joining Fleetwood Mac onstage for their next tour, although I'm not sure that will happen. I guess my question would be, wold Peter be willing to do it, or would Lindsey be willing to share the stage with him. I certainly hope he would, since there would not have been a Fleetwood Mac to begin with if it werent for the Green god.
Gotta say, I don't care for this idea at all. I like Peter, I like Lindsey/Stevie, but I don't really have any desire to see them share the same stage. I think it would end up coming across as some kind of pity gesture, and most of the folks in the audience who came to see Lindsey/Stevie would have no idea who the guy was, nor care to hear any of his songs, and that would just be incredibly unfair to Peter.* I don't think Peter would come across very well with such a huge pop backing band, either. It would just be two completely contrary aesthetics working against each other.

*While I fully believe that Fleetwood Mac underestimates their audience in a big way and really ought to "challenge" them more by playing more relatively obscure material and mixing things up a bit, I do think bringing Peter out on stage would be pushing it a bit too far.

Last edited by Jyqm; 12-07-2005 at 12:38 PM..