View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 02:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
No, I really don't think I am. If you are touring as a band then you should travel as a band. Its an honest question- Neale has been associated with Fleetwood Mac for a long, long time and I'd always would have imagined he's close enough to merit travelling with the main members. I'd be really surprised if he doesn't. If Neale is travelling on the planes then it just seems really off for other musicians to travel separately. I'm sure the backing singers travel on a plane with Stevie. I get there'll be a lot of crew that have to go by bus, but come on, the guy is standing next to you every other night. Really rude if you ask me. Stuck up their own backsides.

And to justify it by saying 'he gets to see a lot of the country' ....ha ha ha ha. Your'e making me p!ss my pants. That's reaching!
You obviously haven't the foggiest clue about headline level touring bands. If you are not one of the principals (or part of their entourage), you get on the bus. This includes the backup singers. And these are not Greyhound buses. Rather, they are like mobile deluxe hotels with bunk beds, lounge areas, refrigerators, sinks, internet, satellite TV, etc., and many musicians actually prefer this mode of travel because it does not involve the stress of lugging stuff on/off airplanes. And, yeah, you can smoke weed and watch TV while hanging out with your mates. There is absolutely no reason to feel sorry for the people on the bus.