View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 09:47 AM

Curtain Call | Life of Christine McVie from Fleetwood Mac coming to Taree's Manning Entertainment Centre stage

“Go Your Own Way” draws in Fleetwood Mac fans

Award-winning artist and Sydney Theatre Award nominee Catherine Alcorn will bring her critically acclaimed stage show Go Your Own Way based on the life of one of rock’s most fiercely private and intriguing figures, Christine McVie, to Taree’s Manning Entertainment Centre on Friday May 12, 2017.

This year also marks the 40th anniversary of their most famous album, RUMOURS.

Commissioned by Kate Ceberano for the Adelaide Cabaret Festival, Go Your Own Way is the story of great music and the tempestuous life of Christine McVie.

Christine McVie was the girl who started out as a school teacher, picked up a bass guitar and began to sing the blues. Then she joined Fleetwood Mac and made rock history.

No stranger to NSW audiences, Alcorn, who is more famously known for her portrayal as The Di-vine Miss Bette, which broke box office records all across Australia on her 2016 tour, is excited to be making her Taree debut this year.

“I’m thrilled to be playing the Manning Entertainment Centre for the first time. As a young girl, my family and I holidayed in Old Bar for a number of years. I love the area as it holds very fond memories for me. I’m particularly excited to be bringing them Christine McVie’s story. Her music is the heart and soul of this beautifully crafted piece. It will be a nostalgic evening for many.”

In a career that so far spans four decades, the enigmatic McVie is brought to life in this play-with-music by Alcorn who brings her own magic to some of the most memorable songs of the 20th century including Little Lies, Everywhere, Don’t Stop and Songbird.

Featuring an all-star band including American Idiot’s Glenn Moorhouse (musical director), Go Your Own Way explores Christine’s contrary attitude to global fame, ridiculous wealth, love and loss, personal privacy, songwriting.

http://www.manningrivertimes.com.au/...ife-and-music/