Thread: Presale Tickets
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 06:34 AM
Ledgie

I purchased one ticket for Atlanta (Chastain) during the Citi presale yesterday (Tuesday). Here was my experience, in case it is helpful for anyone else (YMMV as they say):

- The moment that the Citi presale tickets went on sale, the best ticket that came up was very far back from the stage, half way back in the venue. I passed on that, and continued to re-try.

- For the next 10-15 minutes, similar tickets far back from the stage were all that continued to come up.

- Then maybe 15-20 minutes after the on sale time, suddenly lots of pit (reserved) tickets - far left and right sides of the pit (not center of the pit) - came up.

In my experience going to a lot of concerts over the years, I've sometimes seen a few great tickets come back into inventory when other customers didn't complete their in-process purchase. But I don't think that's what happened in this case. There were so many pit tickets that suddenly came up at once, I suspect that Live Nation intentionally held back that ticket inventory for 15-20 minutes, to harvest sales of tickets much further back from the stage during the first 15-20 minutes.

Anyway, I was able to get a 6th row far side ticket. I'm very picky about where I sit at concerts, I like being within the first couple of rows center, and I have a strong preference to not be sitting at the far right or left side of the stage. But 6th row is very good, and hard to say if anything better will come up during the regular on sale, so I purchased that ticket. Big picture, I'm grateful to be able to see Buckingham McVie in concert soon! And I wonder if Mick and John will be performing with them?

- Note 1: With all the concerts I go to, I've learned over time that if you re-try checking tickets too many times within a short a time, Live Nation (and also Ticketmaster) will temporarily suspend your ability to check for or buy tickets for a while (long enough to effectively shut you out of getting the best tickets). So heads up, don't re-try too many times within a short time window!

- Note 2: official (and very expensive) Platinum tickets were the only way to get close up center pit tickets from Live Nation yesterday. I'm guessing about this: it appears that the venue may have offered advance ticket sales to its season ticket holders or corporate partners, because front center tickets were already on sale on Stubhub yesterday.

Last edited by deluge; 04-19-2017 at 06:53 AM..