Thread: MacNuggets
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Sheryl Crow was on Stern today and talked Fleetwood Mac and Nicks. Howard directly asked her about being asked to join the band. Sheryl said she wanted to so bad and still wants to join the band today. But she was afraid of bad blood between her and Lindsey right away. Robin and Howard were joking and saying that bad blood and fights in the band always led to great music.
She also spoke lots about Prince and rehashed Stevie's Stand Back story. Prince called Sheryl about her song Every Day is a winding road and covered the song. they became friends until Sheryl's Central Park concert where she invited all her friends to perform for a free concert for children with AIDS. Prince chewed her out and did not perform because American Express was promoting the concert. That was the last time they spoke.
She mentioned Prince playing basketball at Sunset Sound with high heel boots on during the recording of Stand Back (according to Stevie).