View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauphineMarie View Post
I tend to not listen to Lindsey's solo albums because they lack that distinct "warm" quality that FM albums have. The metallic production on most of SYW turned me off slightly, so I'm guessing this is only going to be an extension of that.. Hopefully Chris breathes some life and soul back into this.
There is an aloofness to the production that is totally Lindsey Buckingham. He likes things to sound organic but not perfect. However, this is basically a Fleetwood Mac album and people are expecting perfection and warmth. (Not another Tusk.)

I really like this but I have to really listen hard to it to really, really like it. The production is too thin. It's not warm and instant. Also, I keep wanting him to change it to make it better. It doesn't feel perfected. Little Lies, Seven Wonders, Big Love are perfected songs. When I listened to them I didn't want them changed. When I listen to this, I keep wishing he would do this or that, which tells me I want more than what he gave us. Still I like it, but don't love it. It's hard to say how I really feel about it. It's an eerie, off-putting song.

Last edited by Jondalar; 04-14-2017 at 09:36 AM..