Thread: Uniondale
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 02:30 PM

STEVIE NICKS: “A FINAL STOP ON THE 24K GOLD NORTH AMERICAN TOUR” (Part 1)

Photography by Annie Govekar for Inspirer

“Message of Love”
Chrissie Hynde of The Pretenders welcomes the crowd at Nassau Coliseum in Long Island, NY. Hynde says they bring with them their “Message of Love.” Audience favorites include “Brass in Pocket” and “I’ll Stand By You.”

“Come With Me!”
Everyone leaps to their feet as Stevie Nicks arrives on stage. This is the last stop for the 24K Gold North American tour. Nicks invites everyone to go on the journey with her.

“One Last Duet”
Hynde leans on Nicks as she joins her to sing “Stop Dragging My Heart Around” one last time.

“Farewell Pretenders”
The Pretenders return to the stage to bid farewell. Hynde tells the crowd that “Stevie is the best” and Nicks adds “You are giving me a run for my money, lady!”

“In my heart I was terrified”
Nicks shares with the audience her fear over the possibility that the success of “Bella Donna” was just a fluke. She started working on “Wild Heart” and added “I was not having it. I was not going to be the worlds biggest fluke.”

“Sometimes crazy is good”
“Wild Heart” came out “crazy” according to Nicks and she “loved it”. “It was nothing like ‘Bella Donna’ and that’s what I wanted. Something completely and utterly different.”

“My boots and the cape”
Nicks shows off the cape that was used for “Bella Donna” 30 years ago. She looks down and says, “When I look down it looks exactly like it did 35 years ago – my boots and the cape – exactly the same.”

“Saved my life”
Nicks sings “Moonlight: A Vampire’s Dream”. “The song saved my life in a lot of ways. It brought that amazing emotion out of me, that as a writer I love, that’s why I do this.”

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 04-08-2017 at 02:39 PM..