View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 09:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Didn’t Stevie say something along the lines of “new music” isn’t selling? This was a few years back.
This excuse is really starting to wear thin, especially when you have other "old" artists like Cher breaking their own previous records.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...board-200-no-3

Even Rod Stewart's latest album is doing well, in an era where music doesn't supposedly sell. I bought both albums, plus Steve Perry's latest "Traces"

Personally (and it saddens me to say it) I think Stevie's well of songs has dried up. If she was as prolific a songwriter and she is apt to remind us I don't see why she wouldn't want to release them, sales be damned. I mean wasn't that the whole part of her going out and having a solo career??? "When you're in Fleetwood Man and can only have three songs per album, that doesn't work well with a prolific songwriter like me" (or something along those lines).

And if in fact she doesn't have any more songs in her, then at the very least put out some albums of your demos we have all be waiting and hoping would someday see the light of day. Not rerecorded versions of demos like "24 Karat Gold, but go and remaster the originals and start releasing those. I think such a project would have most of us salivating with anticipation.