View Single Post
Old 07-20-2004, 11:45 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

>>I'll be looking forward to those photos of John Perfect. I had a feeling he might be in one of those tourbooks. What's the NRI?>>

It's the National Resources Institute. He and Anthea are/were entemologists for the government in England and I guess that gave him some background in terms of getting the NRI position-- I think I recall they mentioned something about him studying crop growth in Africa etc. I think he held the position for several years before retiring.

In the tourbook photos he has wavy dark hair and a beard, and is w/ Anthea, who has long blonde/brown hair (Leo's mom but not Dan's).

>>I don't have a tape of them rehearsing at Benifolds? Is there a video of this? I thought I had pretty much close to everything until you came along. >>

It's a short video from some TV special that had been done on blues bands, I think-- I don't have the whole thing, just the part that was on FM. It's only about 5 minutes total but it's so priceless to me. I'm nearly sure it was shot at Benifold, but geez now that i think of it... maybe it was done at Kiln House before Chris 'officially' joined? I have to watch it again. It shows John driving the whole band (and little Dicken) in a jeep through the woods to the house, and then they all go in. Jeremy and Danny each do a song in the 'music room' and Chris does one outside at night, pretty neat. Plus it has the bonfire footage, and some clips of them walking in the woods together. To get those pics for the bio, I had to take about 50 digital shots of my TV sceen LOL to get a few that looked usable. I have more i would like to add but Marty only has so much patience for my endless requests. :-P One day we will get to it!!

-Lis