View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I highly doubt she'd care about receiving full "credit" for a duet from an unknown singer/songwriter. After all, look at who she was duetting with in the 70s: Kenny Loggins, Walter Egan, John Stewart... all of these guys were relative unknowns in comparison to Fleetwood Mac at that point. Kenny and Walter were upstarts releasing their first albums; John was established thanks to his time in the Kingston Trio, but somewhat obscure solo. Singing with the likes of Don Henley and Tom Petty didn't arrive until the next decade.
Um, Kenny was far from being unknown during that time period. For the previous seven years, he was a huge part (and one half) of Loggins & Messina and had four top 20 albums (two of which were top 10) and three very popular top 20 radio singles.

During Fleetwood Mac's white album tour, they actually OPENED for Loggins & Messina.

Also, "Nightwatch" with WICYF was Loggins' SECOND solo album.

Fleetwood Mac's popularity pretty much eclipsed EVERYONE ELSE'S after "Rumours" was released but still, I would hardly call Kenny an "unknown" or an "upstart" by the time "Nightwatch" was released. If anything, he was more of a household name and she was still the "obscure girl singer" from Fleetwood Mac. I'd argue that most casual music fans didn't truly remember her name until "Bella Donna" was released a couple of years later.

Just my opinion.

Last edited by sorcerer999; 04-07-2016 at 04:16 PM..