View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
right? why exactly would he need to do something like that? just give up and brown-nose for a few dollars more when you are 68 years old, wealthy, creative and full of energy?
More like a few million more.

Quote:
if those are your options, carrying your head up high (especially when you can afford it without hurting your family!) vs alternative is definitely the preferred option for any human with self worth.
Hold your head up, rise above it...Sure, that’s why he sued.

Quote:
yeah yeah, we know that there are others in that band (or contracted by it) who chose the alternative, whether they had to or not. and apparently Mike Campbell is now crying that his little theater tour as a completely unknown is not providing him big jets and expensive hotels he likes.
So when Lindsey wanted to make a Fleetwood Mac album, it was for art, but when Mike wants to make a Fleetwood Mac album, it’s because he’d rather be treated like a rock star (as if he’s not already a critically acclaimed Hall of Famer). Of all people, I would think Lindsey Buckingham fans would understand Mike Campbell’s frustration about Fleetwood Mac not making new music, maybe even moreso. I would totally want to record with the longest running rhythm section in rock, plus talents like Neil Finn and Christine McVie. (I didn’t mention Stevie because he’s worked extensively with her already.).

THE Stephen Hopkins