View Single Post
Old 03-16-2022, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
One reason the live versions of these songs sound so good is that Chris got to use the same musicians on her album and tour. George Hawkins, Todd Sharpe, and Steve Ferrone, etc. Steve is one of the best drummers in the bizz. He provides that extra crack boom on The Smile I Live For.

I have the Jackson NJ show on CD that I found on Ebay about 17 years ago. One of my prized possessions. It sounds professionally recorded. Chris is so funny too because she was playing Great Adventures Amusement park but did not know the name of the town. You have to hear her banter with the audience about it. Its hysterical. Then she dedicates Songbird to them because about a week before the concert, several teenagers died at a fun house fire at the park.
Now you know why I say this was probably the best concert in my life.
Awesome story! I have to say the Cleveland Show was one of the best shows of my life, too. She just jammed with a fantastic band and it had that spirit of a very entertaining night out. And she looked amazing.