View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Lindsey Buckingham Does Not Look Comfortable Doing Self Promotion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUpGu69dd50
oh dear.....not sure how I feel being on same page as this guy...

But yeah, it's true.

It's clearly shot in his home studio (talking about LB). Wonder who's doing the camera. Kristen? One of his kids?? Label? I'd kind of hope if it was the label they'd do it in a slightly more polished fashion.

If his team is listening, my suggestion for what it's worth after having watched him in action for over 40 years is that he would do better in a two person scenario, with someone else in a sort of 'interviewer' role, but more like an informal conversation than a formal interview style, so that that person could say all the glowing things like "this amazing new album" and then leave the music points to him i.e. "This anthology is amazing for old and new fans alike! There are so many great songs on here. What was your process for selecting the songs to include?" Then Lindsey gets to say his Lindsey stuff about the music, and how great it was to go back and review his work as a whole and see the progression yada yada yada. And the other person can hold up the included photo and say, "And you are actually going to personally sign a copy of this photo in every set?" etc.

Don't make him be a pitchman, it's just not him and as a result he's not that good at it. Sure, he could be with practice but....really? Help a guy out. Give him a foil to play off of. Just my tuppence.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 11-08-2018 at 01:44 PM..