Thread: R.I.P. Storms
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Storms is a beautiful song but even I thought it was too slow for the live setting. What annoys me on every tour is the band telling some reporter how they rehearsed 60 songs and dwindled it down to the perfect setlist. To me that means if one song didn't work, replace it with another song and these musicians need to challenge themselves. They never do and it is frustrating for us diehards. If Storms doesn't work, try Angel. If that doesn't fly bring out Sister's of the Moon. A singer has to go out there and sell a song to their audience. Show the people how much you love to sing it the way you do when you perform Gold Dust Woman and it might make some people go out and buy an album just to hear that one song. I sometimes wish Bruce Springsteen was my favorite singer. Then I could go to 10 shows in a row and have a completely different song set each night. No wonder he sells out everywhere he plays.
I completely agree. Play Freedom for god's sake. It would go great with this set list. You have six plus world class musicians on stage. Don't be afraid to expand your horizons a little more. Don't get me wrong. I'm extremely grateful for the gems we are getting this tour.