Thread: R.I.P. Storms
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Has always annoyed me that those were dropped from the outset. But then again, so was Red Rover.

The way I see it, Stevie didn't give RTTG a chance because (if I'm correct) she just said "Here's a new song" and didn't give it any context. The way she used to introduce "Rhiannon" as being a song about a Welsh witch (sic)... that gave the narrative legs and helped people buy into the otherwise peculiar lyrics. Wasted opportunity with RTTG, given the great story behind it.

PS Same goes for Red Rover. I'm assuming that on the one or two times LB played it on the SYW tour, he didn't preface it with the current clear explanation of the lyrics, which is such a cool little story.
Can you - or someone who knows - tell me what happened with Red Rover on SYW tour? I’m still forever regretting not seeing that tour, for multiple reasons. My understanding is that SYW tour had several legs and some songs were swapped between the legs. Was Red Rover played on one leg and some other LB song on another?

I understand he also played it on UTS solo tour, at one of the legs? That’s the tour where he kept adding legs. But Red Rover is not on his Bass Hall DVD. And it is on his Soundstage, with that intro about gods pulling the plug on humans, and I think he used a very similar intro during STW leg?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"