View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
There isn't enough detail about that late 2017 meeting at which Lindsey said he was stonewalled over a request to tour for four months. What happened? The firing had to have gathered steam and finally exploded over THAT, not the MusicCares nonsense. If anything, the MusicCares nonsense was emotional and political fallout of the earlier meeting. Stevie and maybe Mick went into MusicCares already plenty annoyed.

Nancy, thoughts?
not Nancy, but i'll give you my thoughts anyway.

so........ many fans talked to Lindsey at the end of BuckVie tour. this was mid-November 2017. he had plans at the time to release his solo album (Blue Light, new music, whatever it may be called) in march and start solo tour around April 2018. his solo tour would wrap up before the Mac tour which was supposed to start in summer 2018 (so maybe couple of months earlier than it actually did). after the Mac tour, he was going to release his Best of (ie Solo Anthology). something must have happened at the end of Nov when LB went back and talked to Rhino, and plans have changed, with best Of coming out first. this must have messed up his spring solo touring plans (maybe new music album was done while he had to yet start working on the Best of? not sure). i guess he had to push solo tour plans from spring to summer 2018.

i suspect that's when he went back to FM and asked whether they can start FM 2018 tour in Oct-Nov instead of Jul-Aug 2018. that actually fits with SN saying in CBS interview that in Nov of 2017 he asked them to push back / start Mac tour in Nov 2018 instead of in the summer of 2018. sounds like they said firm NO! (interesting that now, without Lindsey, it was completely fine and dandy to start that Mac tour in Oct 2018.) i think there has been stonewalling since that Nov meeting and SN (and maybe Mick?) may have just been waiting to find some excuse to get him out in the next 2 months. and stonewalling and Mick / band not wanting to discuss the best way forward with parallel solo / Mac tours was why Lindsey was behaving so off at the MusiCares red carpet. so they came up with messing up FM big triumphant entrance at MusiCares. then they had everything they needed. Mgmt must have been in on it since Nov. note that Azoff was nominally Lindsey's manager at the time he called him, paid by Lindsey. he was supposed to look for Lindsey's best interest.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"