View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
I think I'm missing your point, too. You're spouting what you seem to think are misconceptions, but like Michele pointed out, not all of them are. That Stevie had abortions isn't a misconception, anyway.

I was listing other issues that have also almost completely destroyed this and other boards in past years, resulting in the ending of friendships,
bitter arguments, and vicious "taking sides" which got so bad that eventually a moderator had to step in and lock the thread and ban several people permanently.
I really do feel that was possible here; it's only a random occurrence that certain members just simply didn't happen to see this thread.

Trust me, I've seen this issue get VICIOUS between Fleetwood Mac fans.
(And, see above for the discussion of that.)
I was simply trying to remind people to try to keep it fun, keep their sense of humor,
and not get angry with each other. So far that seems to be the case.
I'm glad that's the way the cards happen to have fallen - this particular time around.
Basically I was rolling my eyes and saying, "OH no NOT AGAIN!"
I'm not saying I don't think it should be discussed - just that it seems like the 8 or 9 or 10 times I've seen it come up in the past, it's led to vicious arguments about 50% of the time. Hence the little bit of "eye-rolling" and a little feeling of "oh great, here we go AGAIN"

Last edited by Ghost_Tracker; 09-14-2010 at 12:09 AM..