View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Just pointing out the fact that the term abortion is used in the medical field for miscarriage, that the Vox article was written in Europe and they may have been accustomed to using the proper terminology, and that it is highly possible that Stevie could not carry to term (for a variety of reasons - her drug use being the most obvious to us). She talked about really wanting kids and in several articles around that time she was considering adoption. It's certainly plausible that she wanted kids and couldn't have them. I don't think that's something she would have necessarily shared with the public - especially if it was the most painful, personal thing in her life. Or even her decisions to abort which she later regretted or regretted the circumstances. It seems she was definitely going through a lot of reflecting and maybe wishing some things were different for her at that time.
I agree with you that meanings could have been lost in the translation. The way this interview reads, I think they were.

I also think that Stevie wanted children badly, most especially when she started approaching the age when she was too old to have them. She did talk about adopting and even gave us a potential name for the kid.

But I don't know if she ever wanted to be pregnant and to go through the physical changes that would mean. And she seems like the type who would love to publicly tell anyone if she was physically unable to have children. While many women wouldn't talk about it, I think that's a pain Stevie would be glad to share, as opposed to always saying her career never allowed her to do it. I think she would like the tragic heroine aspect the revelation would give her. Kind of like those gothic comments she made about her and Rupert never being able to be together, for reasons having nothing to do with love.

Michele