View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw them twice on that tour, Buffalo NY on the first leg...I believe that was may 15th (im looking for the audience recording of that show if anyone has it, NOT the crap ALD version) I was a senior in high school with 15th row seats. I was beyond thrilled because last time I saw them, it was the dance tour and we were up in the nosebleeds with my parents. This time I was all on my own, took the train into buffalo (parked at UB's north campus). That was such a great time. I just remember being excited about heading off to college and my favorite band came to town and I had good seats. That spring, everything just felt like it was coming together. Very happy time.

The show itself I remember being really good and a lot of fun. This was still early in the tour and "Come" was still being a real problem. I remember Lindsey getting really frustrated because the intro kept getting messed up. I believe Stevie dedicated landslide and goodbye baby to buffalo, if memory serves me correctly.

On a side note, I remember protestors of some religious affiliation protesting outside the arena because they thought Stevie was a witch etc etc. This is not the first time they have protested either, I remember on the dance tour they were out there protesting as well. It's kind of this odd memory that gets tacked onto every mac concert i've attended in buffalo, they're always there.

The following year I saw them in cleveland at Blossom Music Center. I was just finishing my freshmen year at Kent State. It was deff. the highlight of my summer. Also got to meet a ledgie....Josh! I don't know if he will even remember but we stood next to each other for most of the show. I was in the 5th row and I think he was in the 8th?...but we both moved way up to the front, 2-3 people from the stage. This was the show where stevie thought she could smell fresh baked cookies and also got pissed at somebody smoking and blowing the smoke up to the stage. I remember watching her go to the edge of the stage and she was ranting to karen at her little wardrobe tent. The waving finger, the whole kaboodle...she was pissed. It was funny watching Stevie just turn it off almost instantly as she walked back into view onstage.

I had brought my Buckingham Nicks album with me, hoping to get it signed. I remember lindsey pointed at it right before the encore and motioned that he would be back to sign it but he was never able to get to it. I also got to touch his guitar during GYOW which was fantastic.

A huge and I mean HUGE thunderstorm rolled in right when Tusk Started...or at least this is when I noticed the storm because those poor little trees near the pavilion were literally blown over. There was some major wind, rain and lightening. Most of the lawn fled like crazy to their cars but a big chunk also squeezed under the pavilion.

I think the blossom show was right after some of the initial cancellations, but I remember everyone sounding pretty good. The twirls during stand back were bad ass, thats for sure.

Well, I won't ramble on any longer. Again, that was just a really fun period of time for everyone, especially here on the ledge.