View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
http://kitotoole.com/shufflingmyipod...kingham-wrong/

Lindsey Buckingham – “Wrong”

November 29th, 2012 | Author: Kit

I just finished a review of Lindsey Buckingham’s new live album, One Man Show, for Blinded by Sound. As I wrote the piece, I reflected on how he has forged his own path in music; does he draw any easy comparisons to other artists? His sometimes eccentric production, highly confessional songwriting, and unusually powerful voice mark him as a true individual. One of my favorite solo tracks is “Wrong,” a track of Buckingham’s criminally underrated album Out of the Cradle. In both the song and video below, he is at once playful and hungry, biting the hand that feeds him. It also includes some wicked lead guitar with slightly odd sound effects mixed in–in other words, it’s a classic Buckingham song. After checking out “Wrong,” do sample his other solo works as well. You won’t be disappointed.

I love this song, one of my favourite of, as you said "criminally underrated", Out Of The Cradle (probably Lindey's album i like the most). The video is hilarious and well made. Lindsey is very different from every artist i know. Very eccentric but at the same time familiar to the listener. Out Of The Cradle reflected his mood of the time, and in some ways mine, when i listened to it.