View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 12:18 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
But Peacekeeper and the song SYW both got airplay! So why would they just throw them under the bus, like Bob Welch at the RRHOF?
My assumption for why they don't play SYW material is because all the tours they've gone on since SYW have just been "Greatest Hits" nostalgia shows where they (particularly Stevie, Lindsey is better about this) regurgitate the Dance with a small amount of variation (Think About Me, Sisters of the Moon, Storms, etc.). Say You Will also didn't make too much of a splash with critics or the public in terms of sales back then. They aim to please the crowds in these shows and I guess they assume the broader audience just doesn't want to hear anything from SYW when they could hear Rumours (sans IDWTK) again.

Case in point: The resurrection of Seven Wonders for OWTS. Her comment on it was something along the lines of "Thank god for American Horror Story, because now we can play this song again!" Uh... what? Was someone stopping you from playing Seven Wonders all this time? It's a fine reason to bring the song back, but you didn't play it all this time because it wasn't a mega hit or on Rumours? Just play what you want!

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)

Last edited by Netter75; 07-08-2017 at 12:20 AM..