View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brass_monkey View Post
What an odd thing to say. Many writers such as biographers and journalists use someone else's fame for their own gain - so what? Maybe you just want to blow off some steam because she's challenging the Lindsey-as-all-conquering-hero myth?

The responses in this thread are, by and large, extremely hostile to Ms Harris. Maybe she really did have a bad time at the hands of LB - who are we to argue otherwise, since we weren't there? The sarcastic response by SortaSavageLike was repugnant - shame on you for trivializing domestic abuse (or alleged abuse in this case).

I'll probably read this book, because at least it presents another side to FM and LB. I'm not saying the revelations in the book are true, but then you can't be sure about the truth of any biography. Let the woman have her limelight - she's waited long enough to tell her story.
I think most fans are at least semi-aware of his problems with temper and violence issues. I DO NOT condone that in any way. So having said that, I dont think anything else is really any of my business. As far as the cashing in on someone else's fame, I mean, what has this gal done besides be his Girlfriend? So here along comes an opportunity for her to potentially make money off something most of us are already aware of, it's just stupid as far as I'm concerned. Like I said, it's just my opinion that's all. I really dont care if someone else finds it entertaining, fine by me.