View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Darling, I voted for it because I just plain don't like it on the album. Live, it's beautiful. On Tusk? I can't stand it and always skip it. For me, the song just goes nowhere, whichever edit it is. Live is a different story because there's always something new or some little nuance that adds more flavor to it.
That's fine. I can respect that.
As usual, we have opposite opinions though... I typically find it to be fairly boring when performed live, outside of a few notable exceptions over the years.
I was happy to see it back in the set (and I still think Stevie sang it better than she ever has, even if she didn't sing it quite as well as she sang "Beautiful Child"), because it hadn't been performed in so long... but I was never someone clamoring for its return.

Either way, it still surprises me that, out of 20 songs on the album, it's the first one you're gunning for. When I could swear you've said in the past that you don't really care much for most of Christine's songs on 'Tusk.'

Ah well, to each his own... and if "Sara" goes in this first round (take 2), then it'll be the second time in a row that the best song on an album was voted off first, and another obvious example that there's just no accounting for taste.

Meanwhile, from here on out I'll try to keep my dissertations to a minimum, per Hawkeye's very legitimate request.