View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 09:14 AM
Ledgie

Default The Final Curtain

That's kind of a dark title, but it's all I could think of.

So seeing recent interviews it appears there won't be any other albums by Fleetwood Mac. So what do you guys think of their last few albums. In a way there's four options to choose from on which is their last.

"Tango In The Night" is their last studio album as a five piece. I think it's a nice close to their chapter. "You and I, Part II" is extremely fitting since it's about not wanting to accept that it's the end of something.

"The Dance" is their last thing ever as a five piece. I think this one is a tad more fitting than "Tango". It finds all of them in a very good place, and I think "Don't Stop" makes for a pleasant close to their last album.

"Say You Will" is their last real album, full length wise, and while it's mixed I also think it's fitting. "Say Goodbye" is a great final song from Lindsey Buckingham since it's about moving on from the past. "Goodbye Baby" is a great song, but I've always thought that "Say Goodbye" made a better closing track. What do you guys think.

"Extended Play" is where I'm sort of mixed. I really like it, but I don't think it makes for a great last release. Although it is somewhat ironic that Stevie Nicks' last song is titled "Without You". I like "Miss Fantasy", and it makes a great closer, but I don't think it works as well as "Say Goodbye". To me "Say Goodbye" is the best way to end their chapter. I REALLY wish that was chosen to be the closer of "Say You Will".

Anyway, now that I've yammered on for a bit, what are your thoughts on all of this. What do you think makes the best "Swan song Record"? I would say "Tango In The Night" is the best way to end the five piece, but I think "Say You Will" is the best for the overall group, since it's almost a callback to "Buckingham Nicks".