View Single Post
Old 02-13-2004, 06:35 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD

COULD they have played San Bernardino BEFORE Jeremy went on his bookstore hike the day of their Whiskey-A-Go-Go gig?
I apologize for interupting the flow of this thread but I am curious about what happened to Jeremy. One of my sources told me that he had been listening to some tapes of Pete's the night before he decided to leave, and he was so impressed by Pete and felt his songs/playing were only mediocre in comparison. Was he bummed out at this realization and the reason he decided to quit? This is just speculation, I don't know, but would like to know more about what happened here. Did he really just up and leave one morning or was it a revelation that he should leave the band and search out religion rather than the Blues. Again, I don't understand what happend? Does it mention in any of the books where the band might have seen something like this coming and were not totally shocked at his departure?

When he left, I'm guessing this was in CA someplace. Did he have a place to go or did he just book the first flight back to England? Did he hang around CA for awhile? Is this where the "Children of God" fits into this saga. It sounds like he really left the band in a jam not having the second guitarest and losing a major personality, like with Green, fans came to identify Fleetwood Mac with Green & Spencer.

Last edited by greenfire; 02-13-2004 at 06:41 PM..