View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I must have lived in the sticks because as big as a fan that I was, I never heard of these or took part. I guess I missed out on so much

I do remember trying to join the official Stevie Nicks fan club that had a NY address inside the Wild Heart cassette. But being 13, I could not figure out what a SASE was So I just mailed them a letter to join and never heard a word back. How rude

I was a loser Fleetwood Mac fan
I've told this story before but I wrote HBO a 3 page letter begging them to re-air the Mirage concert again in the spring of 1983. They did write me back quite a personal letter that did not promise anything but said someday its possible to re-air programs that are popular with fans. Those suckers never re-aired it.
We did not have MTV to see Gypsy or Hold Me. We did not have a VCR to rent the Mirage concert so I had to find other means to get my fix. I remember being in a SEARS department store in 1983 and holding the Mirage concert on CED in my hands dreaming I could own it. A CED player was hundreds of dollars and the CED was about $40 which was big bucks back then. For you kids here is what a CED was: http://mobile.cedmagic.com/v-title-d...concert-1.html

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-31-2022 at 06:11 PM..