View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
After refusing to watch this show anymore, some friends crashed my place and bullied their way into my living room. Thankfully they brought party favors to sweeten the deal. So I succumbed to watching the show.

It's decided. America loves mediocrity. I was most amused with Green Day. Great song and loved that the lead singer really did not want to be there (but the money was really good).

The beatboxing extravaganza was fun and I was entertained for those few moments. I did enjoy that adorable African Happy Kids Band. Loved the shots of the studio execs giving their standing ovation and admiration. They're not exposed to this very often, so it was good for them.

Poor Bette Midler. When she popped out I could only wonder, WTF? How out of place was she? Is she shlepping a new album, again? I think Olivia Newton-John would have been a better choice. Same age and Olivia can actually still sing and she was a guest judge this season after all.

The Beatles medley was so wrong and unpleasant to listen to. Taylor Hicks is a cheeseball.

Finally, the duet between Blake and Jordin was repungant. I quickly endulged in party favors to divert "the scene."

Who is this Rueben dude? He sucked. Kelly Clarkson scared me. That was a very intense song and I think I actually liked her performance, haven't decided yet which is a good thing. Underwood chose the wrong song, Stand By You. Dreadful. Right up there with Jordin. Absolute mediocrity.
swallow the jagged little pill...she won.