View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
I agree with those that believe Stevie owes this band NOTHING. I don't think Christine or Lindsey do either. And if John were to quit, I'd say he's paid his dues, too. It's long been known that Mick keeps this band together. And he's probably the one that has had to count on it the most. He has guilted all of them from time to time to get back on the road as he makes no money on royalties and he spends money lavashly. (well, they all do- this is a band known for it's excesses)

The other part of the discussion here is Stevie owes the band respect. I think she has made her intentions clear to Mick and he doesn't like it. So he (like they all do) panders to the press to get leverage, hoping it will push Stevie back "into line" with his band. I believe she has probably been totally clear with her intentions. But Mick wants the Rumours 5. He needs the Rumours 5 and he now has Christine back.

As Michele said multiple times, I think the rest of band is to be blamed for not moving forward. They should do what they want to do: Break out into solo or duet groups if they want, record and tour as Fleetwood Mac, (as someone mentions a la Tango) and do whatever they want. Or, if they choose, they can wait for Stevie. I suspect Mick will continue to try to guilt and pressure Stevie in the press. But I agree, none of them own anything to Fleetwood Mac at this point. If Mick wants a band, he could find a replacement for any of them. It's Fleetwood Mac's history.
I think Stevie has great respect for FM but a certain band member has little respect for Stevie as an artist and that's the problem...After all the years Stevie has been in this band I think she has earned the right to record a few songs within the frame work of FM the way she wants...If Mick were smart he would tell Lindsey "Look Stevie is going to record her songs the way she wants with the producer of her choice and I don't want you giving her a hard time over it just do what she wants"

If FM would have done this the record probably would have been out by now...Yes Stevie's song may have been different but at least the complainers would have their FM songs from CM/LB...