View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy poker View Post
this has been suggested recently by becca, so i'll give it a go here.
(TE)
I'm really keen on getting to know other guitarists in that sort of musical vein of a peter green to add to my record collection - so ANY input on this matter from you is VERY MUCH appreciated. so how about it . . . ?!

martin
I'm not sure I can recommend anyone who sounds like Peter, but I remember reading that Ted Turner, one of the guitarist in Wishbone Ash ,saying he saw Peter playing live with Fleetwood Mac, and knowing that he (Ted )wanted to move people the way Peter did (I had a similar experience )
Wishbone Ash were a great Band with twin lead guitarists ,both fine bluesy--ish players (the other being Andy Powell )and were worthy successors of the twin lead guitar format taking it to where Peter and Danny may have gone with it I recommend their first two albums Wishbone Ash and Argus (particularly good drum sound) (I’m doing this from memory incidentally !)Isaw them at a later stage and they were deafiningly loud and had gone a bit glam rock !

b)People who admire Peter :

(1)Dave Gilmour ,who has done versions of Albatross . Though I liked them I was not a huge Pink Floyd fan post Syd Barrat . Funnily enough though , I do think ,at his most expressive Gilmore can match Peter's soulful playing! (I did think Dark side of the Moon was a great record and I warm to them now)

(2)Midge Ure - a bit of a surprise, but I saw a TV prog where he was talking about his career and he mentioned how Peter greatly influenced him and explaining about Peter’s songs -Man of the World was one ,and playing bits of them to make his point !