View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
What I meant was that he is releasing it less than a year after he released an album with Christine McVie. Now, it's true that one of these albums is not a solo album, but it's new music outside of Fleetwood Mac nonetheless, and much of it sounds like solo material.

I too wish we would have had something between 2011 and now. That's what I meant by my statement that sometimes, we have famine.

2012-May 2017 = 0 albums = famine.

June 2017-Jan 2018 = 7 months = two albums = feast.

My fear is that after Jan 2018, we will have several more years of famine. That is why I wished for it to be more "spaced out" - to avoid the famine. It was solely my own wish, and not meant to be a harsh critique of Lindsey's marketing strategy.

I hope I have made myself clearer with this post.

At any rate, I do see the merit in releasing it before the FM tour. He can sell it at the merch stands and promote it in interviews.
oh we will, i have no doubt! hopefully after summer of 2018 and not January 2018 - that's why we need him to release that solo album in January and have a few months to tour it before FM kicks in!!

after the summer 2018 it will be the same as it was 2013-2015: FM cashgrab will interfere with any of the members' creative endevours or at least releases (we know LB records during tours). which really worries me re BuckVie 2 that they are both talking about - Christine is 74 now, and you know that Mac tour will be going for 2 years. which puts any new albums all the way to 2020 - she'll be 77.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"