View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

interesting to see this answered - we were wondering on this board whether what Ken said about Richard and Lindsey's relationship had some truth to it:

Anonymous: Thanks for talking to us Richard. Members of Fleetwood Mac aren't big on communicating with fans, so this is a real treat! You've probably been the closest person to the individual members besides their own families. I respect how you haven't sold them out, unlike some associates, so it's cool if you don't want to answer this. Is it true what Ken said, Lindsey never paid you for years of work you did for him? Is that why you and LB lost contact for decades? Ken's spin leaves that impression.

With all due respect to Ken, that is absolutely untrue. First of all, Lindsey was not only generous with his money to me but the time he spent educating me, being my mentor, best friend, & advocate, is worth far more than mere money. Please, I owe this guy for the fabric of my very life which would have looked a lot different if not for his creative efforts. I think a lot of other people owe him for this too, if they really look at it close enough & dig deep within their own soul. The differences Lindsey & I had which led to the bifurcation of our creative efforts together were far more complex than me not feeling I was paid or cheated by him in anyway. I wish I could explain exactly why we lost contact for years, I’m still trying to figure that one out myself, & will share with the class as soon as I have a clue. At this point, looking back, I am willing to take responsibility for any split in our relationship & harbor absolutely no ill feelings to Lindsey or any other band member for that matter. I am but humbled & privileged to have been a part, however small or large history relegates to me. Thanks for the question.

….r

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"