View Single Post
Old 12-09-2023, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default What is YOUR Fleetwood Mac album?

I don’t know whether I’ve raised this before (maybe sometime when I was tipsy and can’t remember)….

It intrigues me that people will have different perceptions of the band and of the music, based upon when they first became interested in the band.

For me, I listened to my parents album….Tango In the Night and over time became hooked. For me, that was the seminal album. It was a pleasant surprise to discover everything that came before it one album at a time. To be a huge fan and later hear their biggest album, Rumours, was amazing. But I’m conscious different people will have different feelings. It seems bizarre to me that a lot of fans really do not rate TITN. I just don’t get that!!!!

Having said that, I know there are some people who became fans after the release of Behind the Mask or Say You Will (nobody became a fan on the back of Time). For me, those albums were disappointing as they didn’t fit the sound of TITN which is my datum point. But I do recognise there are some positives with those albums. I can understand, if you first heard those albums then you’ll forever hold them in your heart.

On the other hand, I can see that a fan in the 70’s would view those 80’s albums to a lower standard. Am I making sense? Or is the Malbec taking over this Saturday evening????

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood