View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Brown Eyes there are times when you cant give tax cuts, everyone with some amount of intelligence knows that. President Bush says that instead of raising taxes we should simply keep giving the cuts to the top 1% of Americans, and cut back on other programs (such as Medicare).

I also dont believe you are still so dumb to actually believe that the war in Iraq had anything to do with 9/11. It's well known that this war was planned by Bush right when he came into office, and even when running for President. Saddam Hussein, an evil dictator I would agree, had nothing to do with 9/11 and there was no proven connection with Al Qaeda (and just to remind you, since some conservatives seem to have forgotten---Al Qaeda was the coordinators of the 9/11 attacks).

Iraq was an easy revenge target for Bush. Instead of fully pursuing Osama Bin Laden and the Al Qaeda terrorist network, he switched most of our resources to Iraq. And you may say that the WMD argument doesn't mean anything, but I think it does considering that was his whole basis for the war. If he was really worried about our immediate safety don't you think he would have gone after a country with KNOWN capabilities and desires to produce Nuclear weapons like North Korea? Nooo no...cant do that...Iraq we can just drop some bombs on, kill some innocent kids and others....not North Korea.

I never understood the logic "Hey Iraqis, your dictator has killed your people in the past, and is evil, so to help you we will now be killing you and your families...but don't worry it's for the safety of the USA..."

Chris