View Single Post
Old 08-21-2022, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

12. Where the Crawdad Sings, grade D = Poorly directed. Based on a very popular book and is a murder mystery. It's just not done well and feels amateurish. Beautiful cinematography and is well acted but that's it. You can tell there is a good story in the movie somewhere but the story is told wrong. The movie also feels like a movie of the week and not like a real movie. Big disappointment.

13 Fall, grade B- = Not bad, but forgettable. Two young women get stuck on top of a tower and get down. That's the whole plot. Well acted with a nice cinematography, the movie had me until the end. The ending is weak. I did have vertigo during parts of the movie and there are some tense moments and few decent plot twists.However, the ending hurts the movie and it's just sort of forgettable.

14. Beast, grade C = A lion with a grudge tries to kill a family on sightseeing trip in Africa. Well acted, with good cinematography, the movie is just not that fun. And some of the choices the characters make are soo stupid that by the end I was rooting for the lion to kill them. Totally forgettable. I will say Ibis Elba really is a movie star and I want to see him in more movies.