View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mike Orr on Ebony Eyes & Ascots

Mike Orr from Preacher Roe discusses the songs on his Ipod, Sentimental Lady, in particular. Here's the excerpt.

Telegram.com, 4-9-09

http://www.telegram.com/article/2009...092/NEWSREWIND

No, the five songs (out of 10,000) that Orr shared off his “big, fat, outdated video iPod, which looks like Michael Douglas’ cell phone from the beach scene in ‘Wall Street,’ are as surprising as the band he fronts. For example, of former Fleetwood Mac member Bob Welch’s song “Ebony Eyes,” he says, “everyone goes for ‘Sentimental Lady,’ but this is the one. That guitar riff. Poor Bob missed a ride on the ‘Rumours’ train by mere months. Name another guy who can pull off the ascot and beret look.” It seems ascots are big in his world, as he says of the Upper Crust, “AC/DC in Victorian garb. Embrace the ascot.” Rounding out the selections is Worcester’s own Thinner. “My favorite local band,” he says. “Produced by the esteemed Roger Lavallee. I’m taller than all three of those guys, which is nice.”

1. “Ebony Eyes,” Bob Welch 2. “Little Lord Fauntleroy,” the Upper Crust 3. “Changing Colours,” Great Lake Swimmers 4. “Time Bomb High School,” the Reigning Sound 5. “Tell Me,” Thinner Guilty pleasures: What dark secret lurks on Orr’s iPod? “The Jonas Brothers,” he says. “For my little girls. I can get behind Hannah Montana. The Jonases? not so much.”