View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 10:58 PM
Junior Ledgie

Hello all. I am new to this list-- a pretty big fan of Buckingham's music, decent fan of Fleetwood Mac, etc.

I was sent a copy of Storms to review for a website-- being a Buckingham fan, I wanted to do it. I'm not completely sure what to make of it other than it's an entertaining read and to me a very sad story regardless of how much of it is true.
Harris' allegations of Lindsey's physical abuse are pretty serious, though, more so than has been mentioned here. According to her, in addition to choking her, he hits her in the face and drags her by her hair.
I'm just wondering if any of this has come up before-- I read somewhere that Harris discussed it on a talk show in the '90s. I can believe Buckingham being an unpredictable, sometimes misogynistic guy. Some of the scenes in the book, though, shocked me. I can't right now think of Buckingham without thinking about that.

I'm wondering if Buckingham has ever been confronted on this. Harris' insinuation is that he pretends it never happens. If he hasn't I imagine it'll come up now in some interviews.

I don't know that Harris ever actually says she "turned down" a marriage proposal, except at the very end of the affair, after Go Insane has come out. I take it that prior to that they were engaged though she claims she put off a wedding date.

One interesting note, which may or may not affect her credibility-- in the advance copy of the book, at the end of the scene at Claptons where they're playing darts (p. 70), there's another line where Harris says "You'll shoot your eye out" and makes a reference to the movie A Christmas Story. Of course, a fact checker must have caught that it was impossible, as the movie didn't exist at the time! She also refers to Buckingham being in the Save Me video, which she designed costumes for-- but of course that was a couple years after he left the band.

Cheers-