View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't think that the other three had a dinner with Christine in England that Lindsey failed to attend. I think they all saw her briefly during the unleashed tour and during the Say you will Tour. I don't think that he spent any less time with her than the others did during that visit, based on anything any of them have said. If you have the interview that mentioned a dinner that he never attended I would love to see it, because I never read anything of the sort. And, like all of us, I was collecting the interviews. Now, I've heard them all talk about the England stops during the tour. Mostly Mick talked about looking forward to them getting together and Christine cooking for hem BEFORE the Say You Will tour. During her meantime promotion, Christine did talk about seeing them in England but she never mentioned the dinner.

The only thing that Christine has said, singling out the people she's had contact with and the people she has not is with regard to emails. Even that has changed. Sometimes she said she sent emails to Mick and John. Sometimes she said she had email communication with Mick and Stevie.

As far as Lindsey being more generous to Christine now than he has been in the past, he's not saying anything about her now that he didn't say back then. In fact, back then he talked about being more understanding of her need to leave than he does now. He said that he understood her survival instinct to escape more than the others did and that they did not appreciate him for supporting it. He's not talking about 30% more room now and he's not talking about having more testosterone onstage now in 2013, but everything else he is saying is exactly what he said then. So I don't get what you mean about being more generous.

Lindsey didn't say he doesn't grasp Christine's need to retire. He said he doesn't understand why she cut off all her ties to California so completely. He never indicated that he didn't have empathy for the panic attacks or the fear of flying or the hating to travel part.

Michele
Very forensic, as usual, but I don't agree.

And, unlike you Michele, I don't collect the interviews but that dinner sticks in my mind and I can't remember where I read it. I may try and google some keywords to see if I can dig it up.