View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I am only going by what is online with Billboard. That is my reason for starting the thread. I said that I believe you when you read that. This is not my opinion since I posted the link from Billboard. The opinion part is speculation trying to justify what you read. That's all. I remember Casey Kasem having his TV show and counting down the top 10 most succesful women artists of the 80's which was 1983. Stevie was in the top 10 and he included Fleetwood Mac songs as part of his formula. Songs like Sara and Gypsy were credited to her as they probably should have. I hate to burst your bubble but Pat was several notches higher than Stevie.
If you check many of my recent posts I am far from an apologist for Stevie now. I would not have put Pat several notches above Stevie though for example they tied in 1981 for best female singer in Rolling Stones annual reader's poll and Stevie won it in 1983. Pat released more solo albums than Stevie in the early 1980s so consequently she sold more and she was definitely more hip with high school kids than Stevie in those years but once Pat 's five years were up she was pretty much washed up .Seven the Hard Way in late 85 was a flop from which she never really recovered .I still stand by my recollection of Stevie coming in first in Billboard's 1983 best selling female artist .I even remember the picture that they used.