View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
What was it like to witness Lindsey trash the Turner? Was it surprising? Was it silence or was the guitar making any noise at all?

Did they really hand out pieces of it to the audience?
It was sort of surreal. It was my fifth Lindsey concert for his UTS tour (yeah, obsessed much?) and of course all of his other shows were just perfect and he was wonderfully upbeat and in great spirits. But for some reason he just seemed "off" on this day, I don't know what it was. But when it got to the point where he couldn't do his solo and the plugs were all twisting and wrapping around him, I could tell he was steamed. And then he just was like f&* it and started slamming his guitar on the stage and beating it with great ferocity. This lady next to me was scared, and another woman started jumping up and down excitedly because she thought it was his normal stage antics...but he was pretty upset. And the poor boy who was in charge of plugging in all his guitars and whatnot turned white. Afterward, Lindsey was like "I just killed my guitar." It was pretty awesome. He's a bit of a hot head, and it's all good because I already knew he was- I think everyone does- so I can accept that. He is gracious, sweet, and generally has a wonderful disposition during his shows, so what's one (or three) little temper tantrums here and there?

When the aforementioned boy (more like mid-20s) threw some of the guitar pieces into the audience someone asked him about it and he said it was "Nothing new" with Lindsey.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL