View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 08:22 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
There is a difference. Christine speaks positively about the music on ITM ("It has some really good songs") but regrets not having promoted it properly. "I went about it all wrong," she has said.

I think Stevie has more forcefully dismissed the actual music on SA as not reflecting her best work because she was battling Klonopin. But Stevie's too harsh regarding the quality of that record. About half of it is very good. And "Blue Denim" is dynamite.
Agreed. Street Angel isn't a good album overall but it's isn't horrible. Comprable in quality to TOSOTM for me. If they'd replaced one of the weaker songs with Tousand Days it might have even been better. Judging by how Christine called ITM the "dirge album" she probably doesn't dislike it but it was produced during a dark period for her that she'd rather not revisit. Thats probably where the negative attitude regarding the album comes from.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)