View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mike's actual quote re: FM and Stevie:

Interviewer: I would like to ask, if you're ok with it, one about Fleetwood too, because that's sort of your other life right now. Is the future of FM in live music only?

Mike: That's a good question! Coz when I first got the call from Mick, and he said 'You're in the band, you know, if you want to be. This is not an audition'. And I said 'Ok great.' Well...I..I thought about it for a day and called him back and said 'yeah, I'm in'. I said, 'You know, it starts with the songs'. I assumed we were gonna make a record first. And he goes 'oh well we've got these tour commitments' -- which ended up being a year and a half! (laughs) And.. so... we had a meeting at the end of the tour, and they all decided that uh..they don't really want to do any more looong tours like that again, but they're open to doing a handful of gigs if they come up. And nobody really mentioned recording... I mean, I would love...with Neil Finn and me and that band we could make a great record, and if they want to do it I'm up for it.

[Interviewer mentions FM history of bringing in new guitarists and styles, etc]
Mike: The greatest rhythm section. You know, if you think about it they're the longest lasting rock and roll rhythm section still together. And.. it was a joy playing with them every night, they're just amazing. So we'll see. I mean I would love to record with them, but I don't know where their heads are at exactly on that, but... we'll wait and see.

Interviewer: You cowrote a lot of songs with Stevie too for some of her solo stuff. Do you all ever talk about bringing that stuff out?

Mike: uh... it's funny I found a track the other day that I forgot we had done. It was really good and I sent it to her and said, you know, 'you should check this out'. I haven't heard back yet (laughs). But...you know, she's real busy, she wants to do a film, about Rhiannon, she's got some tour dates, and...she wants to, you know, do that for a year, year and a half, so... everybody else can do other things for now.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 02-25-2020 at 07:33 PM..