View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit View Post
Having Sheryl onstage just to do Rumours songs is not worth my money - that ship of thrills sailed after she did GDW with Stevie at Central Park.
That STILL is my favorite version of GDW with Stevie singing. (the 1994/95 tour with Bekka is my favorite Fleetwood Mac version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustwoman77 View Post
I mean, it is going to change the whole dynamics of the band!
You say that like it's a BAD thing. At this stage, Fleetwood Mac's dynamic NEEDS changing. It's about f-ing time the dynamic changed, even in a small way. They're whole history has been about constant dynamic changes. When Christine joined after Peter Green left; when Bob Welch joined after Jeremy flew the coop; when Stevie & Lindsey joined when Welch burned out; even the Time crew shook the cage (I enjoyed them immensely but I'm obviously in the minority)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
Personally, I don't want to hear any Sheryl solo stuff in FM's set. It's bad enough to hear Stevie and Lindsey's solo stuff in a FM setting. Sorry, but I've felt this way since the Tango era when they started it. And I'm like this with every band that has front people as soloists. You go to their solo concerts to hear the solo stuff. Especially with a band like FM that has a lot of stuff in their catalog that never sees the light of day. When they include a solo song, it takes the place of a band song that might not otherwise be performed....
What's the big deal? Even without Sheryl, they didn't drag out any "gems" from the vaults...just Rumours, white album, a couple of Tusk & Mirage tunes...and the mandatory 4 or 5 songs from their most current album which won't see light of the set list on any subsequent tours. Having Sheryl in there will most likely shake up the set list (THANK GOD!)...and that can't be a bad thing.

Hell, the Eagles play their group hits AND their solo hits...since 1997, Fleetwood Mac seems to want to immitate whatever the Eagles do, so why not add MORE solo tunes to their set. Maybe they'll FINALLY drop a long-past-its-prime Rumours tune or two. Which also wouldn't be a bad idea.