View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 05:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

While I can appreciate both versions, I prefer the Fleetwood Mac version by far. It's so soothing and polished, the harmonies have better placement, the three blend so well together, and I think Lindsey does a better vocal. What seals the deal is the Christine's keyboards at the end. They are beautiful and that long outro adds a lot to the song.

However, The Buckingham Nicks version has its appeal. It has a more raw sound and feels more like a duet than the Fleetwood Mac version. It's really charming in a way that the other one is not.

I like BOTH versions more than Stevie's solo version. It's still good, but she could have pulled a better vocal, even at that age. Sheryl Crowe does a good job on the production and it has a good spin on the outro, but it was never going to beat the originals. I'd kill for a 70s version of Stevie singing the song though.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)